Sunday 6 December 2009

Iberico ham, San Daniele ham

I like ham. My big time favourite is the Iberico ham from Spain because of its special fragrance of acrons, which makes it the best ham on earth. Italian hams like San Daniele and Parma are also great, but in terms of the aroma and fatness, Iberico ham wins. No contest!

Chef cutting off pieces of Iberico Jamon de Bellota.

My piece of Iberico Jamon de Bellota. Tasty.

Bought a pack for myself. This one is aged for 36 months.

Raw San Daniele ham.

Pieces of San Daniele ham.
San Daniele ham is usually in thin slices. I think it goes better in salads and appetizers.

Iberico ham is usually cut into thicker and squary slices. They can go and glow at its own, just consume it directly. Some good Spanish red wine will make Iberico ham even more delectable.

No comments: